Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Surfing Reindeer of Pacific View Mall

Despite the fact that I live less than a mile away from Pacific View Mall, I didn't once set foot in the mall during the pre-Christmas shopping season. So until a fluke cancellation of my regular Wednesday night pickup basketball game in El Rio resulted in a quick trip to Bath and Body Works and Hot Dog on a Stick with my wife, I never had the opportunity to check out their holiday decorations this year.

Now, I really like the kitschy surfer motif that they do in there with the Santa in a Hawaiian shirt and the beach ball ornament decorations, but I wasn't quite prepared for these gigantic wreaths hanging in the middle of the mall...


Yes, that is a reindeer. And yes, he is surfing. Not only that, but his head swivels back and forth periodically helping make these decorations...
  1. Creepy
  2. Tacky
  3. Creepy
  4. Ugly
  5. Creepy
...in that order. I have a bad feeling that combined with the howling wind that is blowing through my apartment, that reindeer is going to haunt my dreams tonight.

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home