Wednesday, January 17, 2007

ETA VTA Suggests: Film Edition

Caddyshack - Thursday @ 7:30 PM - Regency Buenaventura: I'm not sure what I need to say about Caddyshack. It's only the funniest sports movie...ever. Slap Shot comes close but even the Hanson Brothers can't compare to Bill Murray, Chevy Chase and Rodney Dangerfield.

Army of Darkness - Saturday @ 11:59 PM - Westlake Village Twin: I haven't been to a midnight show in Westlake yet, but I'm sure that it is an interesting crowd. I might have to check it out for Insomniac Cinema's showing of Army of Darkness. It's like a trifecta of Bruce Campbell around my house lately: I'm in the middle of reading his autobiography If Chins Could Kill, he is staring in the best commercials currently airing, and now Army of Darkness is showing at midnight. If you can stand driving to Westlake and lounging around with rich nerds, you are in for a treat.

Pan's Labyrinth - click here for showtimes - Century Downtown: Admittedly, A little more highbrow than Caddyshack or Army of Darkness. Pan's Labyrinth is everything that critics have been saying about it and more. This movie has been in my thoughts ever since we drove to Westlake a couple weeks ago to see it and now that it has finally come to Ventura (it started last Friday) you too can get blown away by this film without venturing up the grade. I'll openly admit that I'm awful at describing why I liked a film other than "it's funny", so I won't even try, but I can tell you that everyday a new thought about this movie jumps into my head and makes me feel even stronger about how incredible a film it is.

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home