Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The RC Surfrider


A couple weeks ago I spotted this father and son playing with their really cool remote controlled surfer...


I'm not a big fan of remote controlled anythings, but this thing is pretty sweet. It rides waves in, jumps waves on the way back out, rights itself when it gets dumped and has a really long range helping it get to the big waves farther out.

I was hoping that a Ventura company made this item, but unfortunately, RC Surfrider is based in Huntington Beach (no surprise there). Has anybody ever seen these for sale in Ventura?


1 Comments:

At January 17, 2007 8:02 PM, Blogger Curt Ingram said...

I use to surf Huntington. After moving to Ventura, I discovered that the surf here is far better. Huntington gets blown out (windy) most afternoons, but the Ventura Point is not. Ventura has more surf spots and less crowds than HB, and the waves are just as good if not better here. Don't get me wrong. Huntington Beach is great, but Ventura is better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home